Friday 7 May 2010

Lonsto - Queue management company

My idea for the major project - Organ Donation - swiftly changed to the idea of waiting. The organ donation queue is the most extreme and dangerous form of queueing though not alot of people know it. Over 10,000 people are currently waiting in this queue and 3 people a day die whilst waiting. One of my ways to show this is to use a ticket dispenser to dispense tickets that show the extremity of this by showing a number in the 10000s when someone takes it.

I wanted it to look as real as possible, so nothing else will do apart from an actual ticket dispenser. I also knew I would need good photography and so I got in touch with Lonsto (Lonsto.co.uk) a company that sells products to enhance queue management.

We were in touch for quite some time discussing my project and they were very helpful, and sent me lots of good photography of their products.





We then continued to discuss how I could purchase a dispenser from them, as it was only companies that had accounts with them. They seemed interested by my project and so came to arrangements on the price, and they also threw in some tickets for free!!


No comments: