Friday 7 May 2010

Maya Patel from Maya By Design


One of the places I visit regularly is Loughborough in the East Midlands, and as I like the area and have a good network of friends there I decided to try and get some visits in that area.

Maya By Design was mentioned on the website 'the best of Loughborough' (www.thebestof.co.uk) and so I emailed them to see if they could see me.

Here is my email:

Hello Maya By Design

I'm a Graphic Design student at Stockport College currently studying in my final year. I have been visiting many studios in Manchester, London and even New York to receive feedback on my work. I visit Loughborough quite regularly to see friends and thought it would be a good idea to visit a studio next time I'm there.

I saw this on "the best of loughborough" and I have just been looking at some of your work on your website. I especially like the Doors Opening design as it uses symbols, which I like to use in my work too. My work has developed quite well over the years whilst being at University, it used to me more just how it looked visually whereas now I try my best to solve the solution with the best idea.

I'll be visiting Loughborough again on the 6th April for a few days, so I was just wondering if I could spare 10 minutes or so of your time whether I could show you my portfolio to receive some feedback?
Regards

Katherine Speak
BA Hons Graphic Design Level 3
Stockport College


Maya Patel emailed back:

Hi Katherine,
I'm so sorry for the late reply, my work load has been very hectic.

I would be more than happy to meet up and have a look at your work the next time you are down this way.

Wish you all the best,
Maya





And so I intend to visit them when I am next there!

No comments: